The History of Masjid Al Aqsa: The Barometer of Faith – Umm Sahl
10 Week Course
The History of Masjid Al Aqsa: The Barometer of Faith
with Umm Sahl
Course OverviewIn recent times, it seems the topic of Jerusalem is often front and center in media, lectures, and Friday sermons. What is the historical significance of this Holy Land to the three Abrahamic faiths? Is the current political strife tied to this history? Join Ustadha Umm Sahl as she takes you through the narrative of Masjid al-Aqsa - how and when was it established? Who first built it? What is the source of the conflict over this religious site between Muslims, Jews, and Christians? Finally, what does the future hold for Masjid al Aqsa and the surrounding lands?
New Additions:Um Sahl has added the scenario of the end times and the role that Masjid Al Aqsa will play in those events
- Follow the account of Masjid al-Aqsa from its historical origins till the present day
- Determine for yourself how Masjid Al-Aqsa has served as a Barometer of faith for believers
- Learn how the mosque has changed and evolved structurally over time
- Learn about the city of Jerusalem, the Holy Land, and the surrounding lands and the geographical ties to Prophethood since the time of Prophet Adam.
- Learn more about the religious sites always mentioned and linked with mosque: the Temple of Sulayman, the Tabernacle, the Dome of the Rock
- A lecture style series with no tasks or assessments.
Class Time: Sundays (approximately) 11:00 AM UTC/GMT (Convert to Your Timezone)
First live class: Sunday, 24th June
This course does not have any sections.