Study Shariah, the Fiqh of Halal & Haram Food and Medicine with Mufti Sarfraz Mohammed.
Mufti Sarfraz Mohammed is a British born, Muslim scholar. He holds a Bsc Hons. Degree in Chemistry from Manchester University, UK and a Masters degree in Islamic finance from Loughborough University, UK.
Mufti Safraz is a graduate of Darul Uloom in Karachi, Pakistan with an authorisation (Ijaza) in the Islamic Sciences. He went on to specialise in Islamic jurisprudence (Ifta). Under the direction of Justice Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani he undertook a dissertation in ‘Contemporary Issues in Halal food and Medicine’. Alongside his teaching and writing commitments, he works in the halal food industry as a Shariah consultant for the Halal Monitoring Committee HMC (UK) and is the vice chair of the Fiqh Council Birmingham (FCB).
- Center of Islamic Economics (CIE)
- Shariah scholar training program in Islamic finance and the AAOIFI Shariah Standards (2006)
- Darul Uloom, Karachi, Pakistan
- ‘Alimiyya/Specialization in Islamic Jurisprudence and Fatwa (2009)
- University of Loughborough, UK
- M.A. (distinction) in Islamic Banking , Finance and Management (2006)
- University of Birmingham, UK
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education-PGCE (1997)
- Islamic Finance Advisory and Assurance Services (IFAAS)
- Currently working as Shariah advisor and auditor (2010-2016)
- Meezan Bank Pakistan
- Islamic finance Shariah scholar internship (2009)
- Halal Monitoring Committee (HMC) UK
- Shariah advisory board member (2010-2016)
- University of Manchester, UK
- BSc Honours Chemistry Degree (1995)