Ascent to Felicity: Prayer and Fasting – Part 2
This introductory course covers the basic fiqh of everyday worship: prayer, and fasting. The fiqh rulings will be practically explained through real-life scenarios that we face everyday and through students’ own questions. Students will get an idea of important fiqh principles that help us appreciate how Islamic jurisprudence functions.
Book of Prayer (continued):
- Lesson 1 – Prayer of the traveler, praying on a riding animal
- Lesson 2 – Breaking the prayer, abandoning the prayer, prayer of the sick person
- Lesson 3 – Making up missed prayers (qada), catching the congretional prayer
- Lesson 4 – The Friday prayer, the prostration of recital, of gratitude.
- Lesson 5 – The Eid prayer, the prayer of eclipse, the prayer of Rain, the prayer of fear
- Lesson 6 – The funeral prayer and burial
- Lesson 7 – Fasting – Intention, things that invalidate the fast, The crescent moon
- Lesson 8 – Disliked and non-disliked actions which do not break the fast,Exemption from fasting, Spiritual retreat in the mosque