Introduction to Hanafi Fiqh: Ascent to Felicity – Part 1
Ustadh Abdullah Misra
This introductory course covers the basic fiqh of everyday worship: ritual purity, prayer, and fasting. The fiqh rulings will be practically explained through real-life scenarios that we face everyday and through students’ own questions. Students will get an idea of important fiqh principles that help us appreciate how Islamic jurisprudence functions.
Book of Purification:
- Week 1: Introduction; types and rulings of water; using the lavatory
- Week 2: Wudu’ : Integrals of wudu’, sunnan of wudu’, etiquette of wudu’
- Week 3: Purificatory bath (ghusl); dry ablution (tayammum)
- Week 4: Menstruation & lochia; filth and its purification; wiping on the footgear, casts, and wounds.
Book of Prayer:
- Week 5: Times of prayer; the call to prayer (adhan); conditions and integrals of prayer (1)
- Week 6: Conditions and integrals of prayer (2); wajib and sunnas of prayer
- Week 7: Composition of a complete prayer; the group prayer; post prayer adhkar
- Week 8: Invalidators & non-invalidators of prayer & disliked actions in prayer (1)
- Week 9: Invalidators & non-invalidators of prayer & disliked actions in prayer (2); prostration of forgetfulness
- Week 10: Final Examination