Introduction to Quranic Arabic – 2
Ustadh Farid Dingle
إِنَّا أَنْزَلْناهُ قُرْآناً عَرَبِيًّا لَعَلَّكُمْ تَعْقِلُونَ
Indeed We have sent it down as an Arabic Qur’an so that you may apply reason.
In this second level course, Ustadh Farid Dingle will help you build on what you learnt last term and continue teaching you some of the fundamental rules of the Arabic language to be applied to verses of the Holy Quran.
- Learn to identify verb sentences and their structures: present and past tense conjugations
- Learn about the active and passive voices
- Learn about some of the weak letter words.
- The entire book will be covered over the 4 levels.
- Homework and quizzes will be given weekly.
- This course runs for 10 weeks.
About the course
In this second level course, students will learn how verb sentences work using verses from the provided Kiflayn designed textbook.
This course will cover verb sentences and their structures: present and past tense conjugations as well as the active and passive voice and some of the weak letter words.
- Lesson 1: Concept of Root Letters
- Lesson 2: Simple Verb Sentences
- Lesson 3: Past Tense: he, she, you
- Lesson 4: Complete of Past Tense
- Lesson 5: Past Tense Number and Gender
- Lesson 6: Pronouns
- Lesson 7: Passive and Active Voices
- Lesson 8: Weak Verbs: Qala
- Lesson 9: Weak Verbs: Kana
- Lesson 10: Present Tense
The course runs for ten weeks each term.
There will be one live session each week where students can interact with their teacher directly and ask any questions they may have.
These lessons are here to improve your Arabic reading and understanding. These lessons will provide you with the basics of the Arabic language and give you the skills to be able to apply them to the verses of the Holy Quran.
Weekly Time Commitment
Homework and quizzes will be given to students throughout the term and an end of course final exam will show the student how they have progressed throughout the term and whether the student may move up to the next level or not.
- A scanned copy of the course text will be provided
- Ability to take photo images of assignments and upload to course page
- Ability to make audio recordings and upload to course page
Students must have taken Introduction to Quranic Arabic – 1 to enroll in this course.