Islamic Beats – Learning to Play the Daff (Men and Boys): Part 2
Ustadh Adel Gazzawi
الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَتَطْمَئِنُّ قُلُوبُهُم بِذِكْرِ اللَّهِ ۗ أَلَا بِذِكْرِ اللَّهِ تَطْمَئِنُّ الْقُلُوبُ – 13:28
An introductory course to the art of playing the daff. This course will give you the chance to receive direct instruction from Ustadh Adel Gazzawi, a trained and experienced Daff master. You will learn and practice five more new (in addition to what was offered in Part 1) daff beats (rhythms) in the Islamic musical tradition.
- Small group experience with a seasoned and master Daff player (three students per section).
- Learn Five new (in addition to what was offered on Part 1of this course) daff beats in the Islamic tradition.
- step-by-step instructions and direction on how to hold and play the instrument correctly
About the course
In this course, Ustadh Adel Gazzawi provides the perfect introduction to the art of the DAFF, an instrument approved as halal according to Islamic Law. You will learn and be able to apply 5 more new beats. You can apply these beats to many different nasheeds and bring your mawlids and gatherings to life. This course is for men and youth.
- The first lesson: The first beat: “Waheda Kabira” (D T T D T)
- The second lesson: The Second beat: “Dawr Hindi” (D T T D R T R)
- The third lesson: The third beat: “Ciftetelli” (D TT TT DD T)
- The fourth lesson: The fourth beat: “Nawakhet” (D T D T T)
- The fifth lesson: The fifth beat: “Masmudi Kabir” (D D T D T T)
Weekly Time Commitment
Students are expected to listen to the recordings and practice on their own each week before the Live class.