Lost in Love: A Translation and Explanation of Burda of Imam al-Busiri
Ustadh Farid Dingle, Muhammad Adel, and Raneem Adel
In keeping with the Mawlid season of Rabi al-Awwal, this course offers a translation and explanation of the epic poem that has been song by Muslims throughout the world in praise and love of the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and grant him peace). As a bonus, each registrant will receive an additional singing class with Muhammad Adel for men, and Raneem Adel for ladies.
- Under the words of the poem word by word
- Get a literary context for the work.
- Understand the rhetoric, puns, and messages
- Unpack any unclear theological points in the poem
- Lesson 1: On Yearning
- Lesson 2: On Warnings about the Caprices of the Self
- Lesson 3: On the Praise of the Prophet
- Lesson 4: On His Birth
- Lesson 5: On His Miracles
- Lesson 6: On the Exalted Stature and Miraculous Merits of the Qur’an
- Lesson 8:On the Ascension of the Prophet
- Lesson 8: On the Struggle of Allah’s Messenger
- Lesson 9: On Seeking Intercession through the Prophet
- Lesson 10: On Intimate Discourse and the Petition of One’s State.