Have you ever wondered whether your medicine or your surgery, was halal?
From Vaccines, Blood transfusion, contraception, gender selection, Botox to Embalming, Euthanasia and substances used in medicines today—Mufti Sarfraz guides students through the practical issues in medicine today.
About this Course
A 5-week course, this course will give you a practical introduction to the Islamic rulings pertaining to the medical choices faced by today’s Muslims.
The modern medical industry has witnessed many advancements in medicine, surgical capabilities, and biotechnology—cutting-edge products and services which are available to the masses. As Muslims, we must be aware of the Islamic rulings pertaining to these issues before availing themselves of many of the conveniences of modern medicine.
This is a short course that shall be taught over 5-weeks, with classes meeting for once a week for a Live Session:
- Week 1: Introduction; Principles related to Prophetic medicine; Impermissible substances
- Case Studies: Rotarix vaccine, Fluenz vaccine
- Week 2: Organ transplants (human/animal); Hair/Skin transplants; Blood transfusion
- Case Study: Stoma surgery
- Week 3: Abortion; Contraception; Infertility treatment; Genetic engineering; Gender selection
- Week 4: Teeth and body modifications; Botox; Ventilator machines; Euthanasia
- Week 5: Postmortem and medical uses of the dead body; Embalming; Transporting the dead overseas