Muhammad: The Life Story – His Character and Noble Traits
Ustadh Hatim Yousef
Join us on a spiritual journey back in time to approach the heart and mind of the Beloved, Allah bless him and give him peace. Explore his life and that of his Companions, to see how they dealt with the rough and smooth with wisdom, perseverance, and reliance on Allah. A course that combines knowledge of rarely heard accounts in English, and love, through opening our hearts and minds to aspiring to be with our Prophet in this life and the next.
- This is a detailed study based course on the work of great scholars.
- Study the famous book Al-’ujala as-saniyyah by Al-Hafidh Al-Iraqi.
- Unpack the Alfiyya and extrapolate the work from it.
- Explore how history has been rendered into these lines of poetry.
- Deepen your knowledge of the mighty station of our Prophet and his close companions: Abu Bakr, Omar, Uthman, Ali, Khadija and many others.
- Reflect on the meanings behind the events in the Prophet’s (Allah bless him and give him peaces) life.
- Relate the Seera back to your own life through the practical wisdom the Prophet has bequeathed through his example, and that of his Companions who strove to emulate him.
- The course is the third part of the series.
About the Course
Muhammad : The Life Story is a course that aims to bring the Seera to life by exploring how the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) and his Companions lived in Mecca, and how they dealt with the rough and smooth with wisdom, perseverance, and reliance on Allah.
This course combines knowledge of rarely heard accounts in English, and love, through opening our hearts and minds to aspire to be with our Prophet in this life and the next.
Students will cover the famous work Al-’Ujala As-Saniyyah, a matn in Seera by Hafidh Al -Munawi. This book is an explanation (sharh) on the Alfiyya of the Seera (the 1000 line poem) by Al-Hafidh Al-Iraqi , one of the most famous of the poems on the seerah.
This is not a baraka only course, but rather a scientific method approach where students will undertake a detailed study based on the work of great scholars. Students will unpack the Alfiyya and extrapolate the work from it as well as explore how history has been rendered into these lines of poetry.
There is no pre-requisite for this course. If you missed part one, you will still be able to join this class and follow along perfectly.
Lesson 1: His Beautiful Looks (Allah bless him and grant him peace)
- Height, Shoulders, Hair, Color, Beard, Hands
- His Walk, Fragrance, Cleanliness
- Description of Umm Ma‘bad
- Description of Ibn Abi Halah
Lesson 2: Stories of His Noble Character Traits
- His Clemency, Gentleness, Bravery
- His Generosity
- His Truthfulness
- His Easygoingness
- His Shyness
- His Mercy
Lesson 3: Stories of His Noble Character Traits (continued)
- His Chastity
- His Being Sociable
- His Acts of Service
- His Allowing children to ride with him
- His Joking
Lesson 4: Stories of His Noble Character Traits (Continued)
- Visiting his companions
- His cheerful way
- His treatment of servants
- His sessions
- His optimism
- His speech
Lesson 5: His Way with Miscellaneous Things
Lesson 6: His Miracles
- The Quran
- Splitting the Moon
- The Moaning of the Trunk
- The Eye of Qatada
- Other Miracles
Lesson 7: His Special Merits
- His special Obligations
- His special unlawful things
- His special permissible things
- His special merits
Lesson 8: His Hajj and Umra & Battles
- Bani Quraytha
- Mecca Conquest
Lesson 9 : His Family Folk
Lesson 10: His Sickness and Death
- His last words
- His love for Allah