Muhammad: The Life Story – Immigrations, Miracles, and Battles
Ustadh Hatim Yousef
سُبْحَانَ الَّذِي أَسْرَىٰ بِعَبْدِهِ لَيْلًا مِّنَ الْمَسْجِدِ الْحَرَامِ إِلَى الْمَسْجِدِ الْأَقْصَى الَّذِي بَارَكْنَا حَوْلَهُ لِنُرِيَهُ مِنْ آيَاتِنَا ۚ إِنَّهُ هُوَ السَّمِيعُ الْبَصِيرُ – 17:1
Exalted is He who took His Servant by night from al-Masjid al-Haram to al-Masjid al- Aqsa, whose surroundings We have blessed, to show him of Our signs. Indeed, He is the Hearing, the Seeing.
Join us on a spiritual journey back in time to approach the heart and mind of the Beloved, Allah bless him and give him peace. Explore his life and that of his Companions, to see how they dealt with the rough and smooth with wisdom, perseverance, and reliance on Allah. A course that combines knowledge of rarely heard accounts in English, and love, through opening our hearts and minds to aspiring to be with our Prophet in this life and the next.
- This is a detailed study based course on the work of great scholars.
- Study the famous book Al-’ujala as-saniyyah by Al-Hafidh Al-Iraqi.
- Unpack the Alfiyya and extrapolate the work from it.
- Explore how history has been rendered into these lines of poetry.
- Deepen your knowledge of the mighty station of our Prophet and his close companions: Abu Bakr, Omar, Uthman, Ali, Khadija and many others.
- Reflect on the meanings behind the events in the Prophet’s (Allah bless him and give him peaces) life.
- Relate the Seera back to your own life through the practical wisdom the Prophet has bequeathed through his example, and that of his Companions who strove to emulate him.
- The course is the second in a five-part series.
About the Course
Muhammad : The Life Story is a course that aims to bring the Seera to life by exploring how the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) and his Companions lived in Mecca, and how they dealt with the rough and smooth with wisdom, perseverance, and reliance on Allah.
This course combines knowledge of rarely heard accounts in English, and love, through opening our hearts and minds to aspire to be with our Prophet in this life and the next.
Students will cover the famous work Al-’Ujala As-Saniyyah, a matn in Seera by Hafidh Al -Munawi. This book is an explanation (sharh) on the Alfiyya of the Seera (the 1000 line poem) by Al-Hafidh Al-Iraqi , one of the most famous of the poems on the seerah.
This is not a baraka only course, but rather a scientific method approach where students will undertake a detailed study based on the work of great scholars. Students will unpack the Alfiyya and extrapolate the work from it as well as explore how history has been rendered into these lines of poetry.
There is no pre-requisite for this course. If you missed part one, you will still be able to join this class and follow along perfectly.
Lesson 1: Immigration to Abyssinia
- Number of Immigrants and their stories
- The Second immigration to Abyssinia
- The Story of Gharaniq
- The Siege
Lesson 2: Death of Abu Talib and Khadijah
- The will of Abu Talib
- The Story of Ta‘if
- ‘Addas becoming Muslim
Lesson 3: The Night Journey
- Meeting other Prophets
- Seeing Allah
- The Prayer
Lesson 4: Calling other Tribes to Islam
- Islam Spreading
- The Covenant
Lesson 5: Immigration to Madina
- The Friend
- The Chaser
Lesson 6: Meeting Umm Ma’bad
- The Miracle of the Ewe
Lesson 7: Reaching Quba and Madina
- Events of the First Two Years