Prophet Nuh: The Great Flood
Indeed, We sent Noah to his people, [saying], “Warn your people before there comes to them a painful punishment.” He said, “O my people, indeed I am to you a clear warner, worship Allah, fear Him and obey me. Allah will forgive you of your sins and delay you for a specified term. Indeed, the time [set by] Allah, when it comes, will not be delayed, if you only knew.” [Quran 71:1-4]
- How long did the flood last?
- Why are there so many flood stories from different parts of the world?
- Why did Nabi Nuh live so long?
- Why does the Bible say that the Ark landed on Mount Ararat and the Quran says Mount Judi?
- Where is Mount Judi?
- What was the shape of the Ark and are there any archeological remains of the event?
About the Course
Prophet Nuh: The Great Flood – Umm Sahl will go over the history of Nuh( alaihi as salaam) in detail by going over the tafsir of Surat Nuh and reliving the Flood in Surat Hud. She will also expand upon the story by using the Sunna, Torah, archaeology and mythology. Looking into these sources, Umm Sahl will bring us to a number of questions: How, when and where did the flood occur? Were there any other people in the world after the Flood besides those on the Ark? Was there a giraffe on the Ark? If there was a giraffe in the Ark, how did all the other animals fit in? Did the Flood cover the whole earth?