The Adab Series: What It Means to Fast
Sheikh Abu Munir Al-Sha’ar & Ustadh Farid Dingle
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا كُتِبَ عَلَيْكُمُ الصِّيَامُ كَمَا كُتِبَ عَلَى الَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ
It is with immense gratitude and excitement that we announce The Adab Series, with Shaikh Abu Munir Al-Sha’ar. This course, “What it Means to Fast”, is the first of a series on the manners, etiquette, or ways of being for believers in terms of their worship and relationship with Allah (Glory be to Him) and their interactions with His creation. We ask Allah to give us tawfeeq and benefit many through this endeavour. This series will be free to all insha Allah.
- A reflection on the Etiquettes of a fasting believer
- Readings from Maqasid al-Sawm by (What it means to Fast) by al-Izz ibn Abd al-Salam
- 4 live sessions (one every week during Ramadan).
- Live session recorded for your review
- Arabic instruction by Shaikh Abu Munir with live translation by Ustadh Farid Dingle
Cover topics such as:
- The merits of Fasting
- Raising of Rank
- Erasing Sins
- Breaking desire
- Breaking bad habits
- Increasing charity
- Doing as many good deeds as possible
- Thanking Allah for the little things
- Learning How to Stop Sinning
- Avoiding the Sins of the tongue and body
- Follow along with the text using this archive link.
Who is Shaikh Abu Munir al-Sha’ar?
The Servant of the Saints, Shaikh Abu Munir has spent decades in the service of the ‘Ulamaa in Damascus, chief among them the renowned scholar and sufi Shaikh AbdulRahman al-Shaghouri. He has learned at the hands of those scholars, such as Shaikh Mustafa al-Turkmani, Shaikh Shukri al-Luhafi, and Shaikh Abdulwakil Al-Duroobi. Shaikh Abu Munir is a man of taqwa, whose adab (way of being) is of those from times past – an ancient chivalry combined with humility and khidma, all wrought from sincere love for Allah (Glory be to Him), His Messenger, and his fellow creation.