The Book Club: The Five Love Languages of the Noble Prophet
Ustadh Hatim Yousef
This course is about love. How we can express it and how when we do we gain the pleasure of Allah and we impact the lives of those around us. Anyone can fix a problem with a nice word or a genuine hug or gift. We all love our spouses and our children but do they feel loved by us? In this course, Kiflayn scholar and life-coaching enthusiast Sheikh Hatim Yousef will delve into the life of the Noble Prophet ﷺ and share the beautiful ways in which he expressed, received and taught love to others. Sheikh Hatim will illustrate from the Sunnah how everything the Prophet ﷺ said and did to his family and companions revolved around his love for them. He showed them love in every word and every action. The languages of love is a topic of a bestselling book by Gary Chapman. This course shows how Prophet Muhammad ﷺ was the most eloquent person in these languages. This will increase our love for him ﷺ and it will help us all improve our marriages and our relationships with our children and our fellow Muslims.
The following is what Ustadh Hatim Yousef will be covering during the course:
- Lesson 1: Quality Time – exploration of how the noble Prophet ﷺ gave of his undivided attention to express love and care to others.
- Lesson 2: Physical Touch – numerous examples of how the noble Prophet ﷺ used his blessed hands, gentle touches, and close intimacy with his family and companions in order to make them feel especially loved.
- Lesson 3: Gift Giving – explore the many occasions of the Prophet ﷺ offering presents to others in order to increase love in their hearts of Islam and the Prophet ﷺ.
- Lesson 4: Acts of Service – is there another created being that helped others more than the Beloved Prophet ﷺ? Relive the countless examples of altruistic acts by the Prophet ﷺ to those he loved.
- Lesson 5: Words of Affirmation – how many hearts did the Noble Prophet ﷺ fill with joy with only a few words? How many of his family members and companions did he reassure, fill with happiness, and make joyous through his blessed speech, ﷺ ?
Through this course, you will not only see how the Prophet ﷺ expressed love through these many ways, but you will also explore the wisdom he used, ﷺ in sharing his love with others differently according to their needs, in order to make sure they felt loved.
The course runs for 5 weeks.
There will be live classes each week where students can interact with their teacher, and ask any questions they may have.