Muhammad ﷺ : The Life Story Part I
Ustadh Hatim Yousef
Surely, a Messenger has come unto you from among yourselves; grievous to him is that you should fall into trouble; he is ardently desirous of your welfare; and to the believers he is compassionate, merciful. [Quran 9:128]
Join us on a spiritual journey back in time to approach the heart and mind of the Beloved ﷺ. Explore his Meccan life and that of his Companions, to see how they dealt with the rough and smooth with wisdom, perseverance, and reliance on Allah. A course that combines rarely heard accounts in English with love and longing for the best of creation ﷺ. A window into the life of the man who loved us more than he loved himself and his family members, the man who had been sent by Allah as a mercy to the worlds.
- This is a detailed study-based course on the work of two great scholars.
- Study the classic book, Al-‘Ujala as-Saniyyah [the Lustrous Account], a commentary by Imam Munawi on the famous 1000-line Seerah poem by the great Hadith Imam Al-Hafidh Al-Iraqi.
- Unpack the beautiful lessons of love and knowledge from the work of two great scholars and lovers.
- Explore how history has been rendered into 1000 lines of poetry.
- Deepen your knowledge of the mighty station of our Prophet and his close companions: Abu Bakr, Omar, Uthman, Ali, Khadija and many others.
- Reflect on the meanings behind the events in the Prophet’s ﷺ life.
- Relate the Seera back to your own life through the practical wisdom the Prophet ﷺhas bequeathed through his example, and that of his Companions who strove to emulate him.
- This is a Seera promotional course of which the first three weeks are free, and if one wishes to continue, one may do so at a discounted rate.
- This is the first of a five-part series.
About the Course
Muhammad ﷺ: The Life Story is a course that aims to bring the Seera to life by exploring how the Prophet ﷺ and his Companions lived in Mecca, and how they dealt with the rough and smooth with wisdom, perseverance, and reliance on Allah.
Students will cover the famous work Al-’Ujala As-Saniyyah, a commentary (sharh) on the Alfiyya of the Seera (a 1000-line poem) by Al-Hafidh Al-Iraqi , one of the most famous and reliable texts on the seerah.
The course is a promotional course of which the first three weeks are offered for free. If students wish to continue till the end of the course, the remaining seven lessons will be offered at a discounted rate.
Lesson 1: Approaching the Seerah
In this lesson shiekh Hatim will explain how the scholars approach the Seerah: how they deal with historical accounts, how they accept or reject certain narrations and how they approach weak Hadiths. Lesson 1 also emphasizes the virtues of studying the Seerah and the fact that studying it should be every Muslim’s lifelong passion.
Lesson 2: The Noble Lineage
In this lesson, we study the noble lineage of the Prophet ﷺ all the way up until sayyidina Ibrahim along with brief stories about many of them. We will also discuss the meaning of the different names of the Prophet ﷺ.
- Names of the Prophet ﷺ
- The Noble Lineage
Lesson 3: The Blessed Birth
In this lesson, we discuss the mubarak birth of the Prophet ﷺ and the many miracles which occurred during and after his delivery. We will also discuss the wet nurses of the Prophet ﷺ, the duration of time they nursed him for, and the major events which transpired during that period.
- The Noble Birth
Lesson 4: Reconstructing the Kaaba
This lesson covers the love Abu Talib had for the Prophet ﷺ and how he dedicated his life to protecting him. We will also learn about the reconstructing of the Kaaba, why it broke, who led the reconstruction, and the Prophet’s ﷺ role in the rebuilding.
- Abu Talib
- Story of Kaaba Reconstruction
Lesson 5: Revelation
In this lesson, we will discuss the experiences of early revelations, the message conveyed in each one, and the original response of the Prophet ﷺ to meeting Jibril.
- The start of revelation
Lesson 6: Early Muslims
This lesson will describe the events of the first year after the Prophet ﷺ received Wahi. It will also cover the very first Muslims along with some of their convert stories.
- Early Years of Islam
- The first Muslims
Lesson 7: Dar al Arqam
In this lesson sheikh Hatim will discuss the story of Abdullah ibn Masood. He will also cover the early da’wa of the Prophet ﷺ, his meetings in Dar al Arqam, and the bravery of the early Muslims.
- Islam of Abdullah ibn Masood
- Meeting in Dar al Arqam
Lesson 8: The Miraculous Quran
This lesson consists of stories of the failed attempts of those trying to replicate the Quran. It will also cover the miracles of the Quran, its perfect language, and the unheard predictions of the future it holds.
- The Quran as a Miracle.
Lesson 9: The Mockers
- Allah taking revenge from those who offended the Prophet ﷺ
Lesson 10: Negotiations
This lesson will discuss the negotiations the Prophet ﷺ made with other nations and tribes along with the delegation of Najran. It will describe the Prophet’s justness and reasonability when conducting a negotiation and will highlight the interactions which occured between the him and other rulers.
- Negotiations with the Prophet
- Delegation of Najran