The Prophet’s Words: Introduction to Critiquing Hadith
Ustadh Farid Dingle
Learn the classical methods of hadith analysis, and what it means for a hadith to be “authentic” (sahih). Understand the significance of a hadith being authentic and how it applies to us in the various aspects of our religious practice and belief.
*Please note that a minimum of 7 students are required to be registered for this course to go ahead.
- An Introduction to the Science of Hadith
- Analyzing and Diagramming Chains of Transmission
- Authentic hadiths (2): Sahih Hadiths
- Authentic hadiths (2): Hasan Hadiths
- Weak (Da`if) Hadiths
- Missing Links in Chains of Transmission
- Mursal Hadiths
- Analyzing Hadith Narrators
- Fabricated Hadiths
- Key hadith works