Winning the Crown: Become the People of the Quran
Ustadh Hatim Yousef
A long awaited course is finally here. Join Ustadh Hatim as he presents to us how to fall in love with the Holy Quran and be of those described by the Prophet ﷺ as the very People of Allah and His elected ones. How to attach one’s heart to the Quran? How can we make it the “spring of our hearts” as came in another Hadith? Who are the people of the Quran? What are their stories? What is their virtue? What steps and tips we need to know to memorize the Quran and recite it fresh and sweet as it has been revealed? Join this course if you want to inspire yourself to take your relationship with the Quran to another level. Join this course if you really want to become of the people whose joy in reciting the Quran exceeds any other!
- A look at the awe-inspiring virtues and merits of this Divine book
- Learn who “The Special Ones” refer to in the hadith of the Prophet ﷺ
- Understand what it means to have a relationship with the Quran
- Immerse yourself in the inspirational stories of the people of the Quran
- Learn how they became that way through their daily wird of the Quran, their learning of Tajweed and recitation, and their obtaining of an Ijaza through a Master of the Quran
- Develop a lifelong relationship with the book of light and guidance
- Motivate yourself to have a daily portion of recitation (Hifz and review)
- Learn methods for a stronger memorization
- Study the importance of learning Tajweed
- Understand the significance of having a sheikh
- Learn how to set goals and organize one’s time
About the Course
This course is essentially about the virtues, habits, and states of the people of the Quran. It will cover the virtues of having a relationship with the Quran, of memorizing it and applying it in one’s life. The Prophet ﷺ taught us that Allah raises people with this Quran, and that He (Mighty and Majestic) abases others with it. He also told us that people of the Quran reach the highest degrees of Jannah. With every sound we recite, we obtain a minimum reward of ten good deeds!
How to become of the people of the Quran? Be inspired and motivated to be like them by hearing their stories. What were their daily practices? Learn how they succeeded and how to manage your daily Quranic wird (litany) and how to never miss it. Explore the importance of studying Tajweed, and the virtues of reciting the Quran the same way the Prophet did ﷺ, as well as the virtues of having a shaykh of Tajweed, and thereby obtaining an ijaza as did the great scholars with chains of transmission linking them up to the Prophet ﷺ. For those determined to memorize the Quran; join Ustadh Hatim as he discusses the virtues of memorizing the Quran, as well as valuable, practical techniques and tips on memorizing, retaining, and reviewing it.
Lastly, and most importantly, instill the importance of Living the Quran in your heart. Ustadh Hatim will share his personal experience with his own Quranic Sheikhs who lived by the Quran and loved it more than anything.
The course will be a full 10 weeks about this great book of Allah (Glory be to Him) covering all of these different aspects.
Lesson 1: Virtues
- Virtues of the Quran
- Virtues of the People of the Quran
- Virtues of Hifz
- Virtues of Tajweed
- Virtues of learning and teaching it
Lesson 2: Inspirational Stories of the People of the Quran
- The Early Muslims
- The followers
Lesson 3: Inspirational Stories of the People of the Quran (continued)
- Contemporary Scholars and righteous people
- Women of the Quran
Lesson 4: Inspirational Stories of the People of the Quran (continued)
- More Stories
- What to do now?
Lesson 5: Memorizing the Quran
- Setting a goal
- Finding a sheikh(a)
- Inspiring oneself
- Keeping a Wird
Lesson 6: Interactive Recitation
- Loving the Quran
- Reciting from the heart
- Shedding Tears
- Exalting the Divine Message
- Other Adabs
Lesson 7: Teaching the Quran
- How to inspire others
- How to teach Tajweed
- How to teach children
- How to manage students
- How to instil the love of the Quran into learners
Lesson 8: Learning Tafsir
- How to understand the Quran
- Which Tafsir or translation to use
- What is the most effective way of learning Tafsir?
- How long does it take and how challenging is it?
Lesson 9:Living by the Quran
- How to be a walking Quran
- Stories of Quran sheikhs who applied the Quran
- The importance of having the Characters of a Hafiz
- How to inspire children to follow the teachings of the Quran
Lesson 10: Review, Reminders and Q & A
- Stories to Remember
- Q & A