Study Arabic, Tajweed, and Quran with Saniyyah Shabazz.
Ustadha Saniyyah was born and raised in the United States. She converted to Islam in 1995 after which she undertook her collegiate studies in printing and graphic design. In 1997 she commenced the study of Arabic and Tajweed in Northern Virginia, the US, with the Islamic Institute of Arabic Sciences and completed short Tajweed courses.
Thereafter Ustadha Saniyyah traveled to Syria where she enrolled in the intensive study of Arabic and Islamic sciences. She completed the two-year intensive Arabic and Islamic sciences course at the prestigious Abu Nur Institute in subjects including classical Arabic grammar, morphology, Fiqh, Imam Nawawi’s Forty Hadith explanation, and Seerah.
For nearly a decade, Ustadha Saniyyah has been blessed with occasions to teach adults and children the recitation of Quran and Arabic. She did this in Islamic Institutes such as Suffa Islamic Seminary in Dallas, TX, Futuwwa School, Amman, Jordan, and Qibla and privately.
She and her family are currently studying and living in Jordan.
Ustadha Saniyyah has covered the following traditional Islamic texts with qualified female Syrian scholars:
- Aqeedah – Fiqh Al Akbar, Risala An Nafi’a
- Hanafi Fiqh – Muraqi Al Falah, Al Kitab li Al Quduri, Al Hedaya
- Arabic – Durus An Nahawiyya, Qatar An Nada
- Tajweed – completed Ijaza (certification) of Hafs ‘an ‘Asim
- Quranic narration from the Sheikh of Qur’aa of Shamm, Sheikh Kurayyam Rajih, and Ijaza (certification) of Qaida Nur reading from Sheikh Ali Hani of Jordan.