Highest Signs: Translating the Quran Beheld Part 3 – Live Classes
Sheikh Nuh Keller
An exploration of the English Translation from the Arabic of the Quran by Sheikh Nuh Keller. Benefit from Sheikh Nuh’s commentary on varied selections of this stunning work that was 17 years in the making.
- Study varied chapters and selections of the Quran and the methodology of its translation with Sheikh Nuh Keller.
- Cover the foundational themes upon which our entire religion is based.
- Immerse yourself in the unutterable evocative power of the Book of Allah as it was meant to be understood.
- Sheikh Nuh’s commentary shall focus on the correct methodological approach to the science of tafsir in light of the Arabic language
- The text of the varied selections of the Quran Beheld will be provided on slides for those who have not yet procured their copy
- Ask your questions directly to Sheikh Nuh and get the clarifications you need.
- The course will run for 12 weeks, including two initial pre-recorded lessons about the introduction of the work and hermeneutics that are required listening
About the Course
Adapted from the back cover of The Quran Beheld:
This course is an exploration into a work that was 17 years in the making. Sheikh Nuh Keller, may Allah raise his rank, studied the Quran for that period with a traditional scholar of exegesis using the works of the greatest contributors to the field of tafsir – Tabari, Zamakhshari, Abu Su’ud, Ibn ‘Ashur, Biqa’i, Razi, Alusi and others. What resulted was a work that solves an enigma that has puzzled many readers of most translations of the Quran. The Arabic original stunned hearers in their own language with its evocative power, striking imagery, and precise details. Most translations stun few. The present work is called The Quran Beheld because its translator found that the classical Islamic curriculum for learning the Quranic sciences lifts the veil from the divine masterpiece like stepping from a dark and silent house into a lively spring day outside. Everything changes.
The course will be 10 live sessions plus two pre-recorded sessions about the introduction of the book.
Classes will be taught weekly and broadcasted live from the Zawiya of Imam Abul Hasan ash-Shadhili in Amman, Jordan.
These are lessons to sit in and benefit from entirely at your own pace—no assessments, exams, grades or homework assignments. You can ask the instructor questions during the Live Sessions, and they are answered during the following week at the beginning of the class.
The course shall be taught after ‘asr according to Amman, Jordan time, so the start time will adjust slightly according to the time of the prayer in Amman.
Weekly Time Commitment
The course requires some notetaking, reading and revising notes after listening to the lesson a second time throughout the week.
There is no required text for this course. The text of the chosen selections will be included in the course slides. Those wishing to procure a copy of the work may do so at https://www.quranbeheld.com/.
No background is required: all are welcome!