One-on-One Tajweed Level 1 for Young Muslims: Introduction to the Quran
Ustadha Saniyyah Shabazz
This is a one-on-one course, each student will have a dedicated teacher in Ustadha Saniyyah who has been trained in the science of Tajweed and has many years of teaching experience working with children. To join this course, a student is expected to know basic Arabic reading. Learn to correctly recite through an unbroken chain of transmission from the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him. You shall have two 25-minute private lessons with your instructor each week, and shall need headphones and a microphone to recite into.
After signing up for the course, the following steps will be taken in order to offer your the child the best educational experience,
1) Parent will be asked to write down their goals for their child in the course.
2) Parent/teacher meeting 1 week before first live class to discuss:
- Your child’s level and abilities
- goals (what I want my child to learn/what it is we teach)
- matters to consider with your child/hobbies/likes/behaviour concerns?
- expectations (technology, counselling, homework, assessments…..etc)
3) Three days prior to first lesson, you will receive an academic plan for your child that encompasses the parent and teacher meeting outcomes
4) Parents review and agree to plan and discuss with students so expectations for first class are clear and there are no surprises
5) Classes begin
6) Progress Reports for parents every 5 weeks.