Conversational Arabic: Part One
Ustadha Salma Nashaat
Welcome to Kiflayn’s Conversational Arabic Program. An exciting chance for you to finally learn Arabic by learning with a trained native Arabic speaker who is also fluent in English. The program will span four terms and several units covering a broad range of vocabulary and conversations (examples below).
There are 16 units in the full program over four terms (40 weeks). Each term (10 weeks) you will cover FOUR of these units with loads of practice. Under each unit there are 9 lessons consisting of dialogue, vocabulary, and practice exercises.
At a glance:
- A 10 week incremental program to solidify your learning
- Each live lesson is for an hour
- A trained native arabic speaking teacher also fluent in English
- Small class sizes in order to allow for more attention
- Interaction and dialogue practice with your peers
- Weekly conversations, vocabulary and exercises
- Shared powerpoints and materials to help you review
- End of unit oral quizzes and end of term oral summatives
- Greetings and meeting acquaintance
- Everyday life
- التحية والتعارف
- الحياة اليومية
Samples of conversations and vocabulary you will be learning:
Greetings and Acquaintance:
Khaled: My name is Khaled, What’s your name?
Khalil: My name is Khalil.
Khaled: How are you?
Kalil: Alhamdullah, what about you?
Khaled: I am fine Alhamdullah, Where are you from?
Khalil: I am from Jordan.
Khalid: Are you Jordanian?
Khalil: Yes I am, and what is your nationality?
Khalid: I am from Turkey.
Ali: Al-salam Alaykum!
Omar: Wa-laykum Al-salam!
Ali: This is a picture of my family.
Omar: MashaAllah! Who is this?
Ali: This is my father, and he is an engineer.
Omar: And who is that?
Ali: This is my Mother and she is a doctor.