شرح المقدمة الآجرومية في علم النحو
Matn Al Ajrumiyya: With Quranic Exercises: Part 3
Sheikh Mohammad Noor
This is a course on the famous classic primer of Arabic grammar that will be taught and studied entirely in Arabic. This course is the first in a series based on the indispensable work and contribution to Arabic grammar: Al Ajurrumiyya. Written in verse for easy memorization in the 13th century by Abu Abdullah Muhammad ibn Da’ud as-Sanhaji (famously known as Ibn Ajarrum). Gain a comprehensive map of the theory of Arabic grammar that you will refer to for the rest of your life and use as a basis for further study. While the content of the grammar topics will be slightly beyond introductory, the ability of the student in Arabic must be intermediate or higher in order to understand the readings.
- Study the text of the famous primer on Arabic grammar that has been studied across the world for centuries.
- Complete exercises and examples from the Quran – thereby improving your recitation with the Instructor, who is also a master of Tajweed.
- Understand the theory of Arabic grammar at a deep level.
- Learn one of the first books to be memorized after the Quran and the Alfiya.
- Course is suitable for students who are already familiar with basic rules of the Arabic grammar.
About the Course
Al-Ajurumiyya is a brief summary of the most important rules of Arabic grammar. The concise nature of the text is one of its primary advantages that encourages easy memorization. While brief, however, there is much to discover that is written between the lines. By completing this course, you will have a “map” that you can use to navigate the language. This course will depend on several commentary texts on the Ajurumiyya, one of them being written by the contemporary mufassir and Arabic grammar expert, Shaikh Ali Hani. In the long-term, the knowledge of grammar and its nuances will positively impact how well you are able to understand the Quran.